[ssh_x509] secure copy in sftp mode - mission impossible

ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info
Sat Feb 12 13:25:11 EET 2022

Hello,

Once again OpenBSD secure shell implementation restores original functionality of secure copy utility. With other words scp(1) does not used sftp by default.
Remark: "sftp mode" was never activated in PKIX-SSH.

Soon I will push a commit with some comments related to default mode. In brief we cannot expect functionality to be usable before widely deployment of "next" Linux enterprise version. So another 5 - 10 years before to use.

Please update scripts to use sftp commands instead to wait for something that may never will be usable in production.

P.S. PKIX-SSH includes all corrections liked creation of remove directories and etc. but drop-in replacement does not look feasible at moment.