[ssh_x509] RP patch 13.1 not based on OpenSSH 8.6P1

ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info
Thu Jun 24 20:17:15 EEST 2021

Hello,

I am patching OpenSSH 8.6P1 (https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/tree/V_8_6_P1) with the latest Roumen Petrov patch pkixssh-13.1.
However it seems that the latest Roumen Petrov patch is not based on OpenSSH 8.6p1 even if it should be.

I took differences between the vanilla OpenSSH 8.6p1 and your patched files, and a lot of the differences in the code is part of code that seems to be of from OpenSSH 8.0p1. So, from my understanding your patch is bringing back code from the OpenSSH 8.0, and this seems unusual.

In the past I patched OpenSSH with your relative code and I didn’t have any problems, so I wonder why I encounter this behaviour.
Is this behaviour intended? Is this issue (if that) known? Do you have any recommendation on how to include your changes on OpenSSH 8.6?

Thank you very much, any help would be very appreciated.

Best Regards,
Gianluca