[ssh_x509] CentOS 6 error: sys_get_rdomain: cannot determine VRF for fd=3 : Protocol not available

ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info
Tue May 15 22:56:56 EEST 2018

Hi Jose

ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info wrote:
> I've compiled 11.3.2 on both CentOS 7 and CentOS 6 using the following:
>
> configure --prefix=/opt/pkixssh --enable-ocsp --with-pam --with-selinux
>
> I get the following error on CentOS 6 in /var/log/secure:
>
> error: sys_get_rdomain: cannot determine VRF for fd=3 : Protocol not
> available
This mean that socket option SO_BINDTODEVICE is not supported by kernel:
http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v2.6.32/net/core/sock.c#L905

With other words "routing domain" functionality for *ListenAddress will
not work with such old kernel.

*
> I do not get this error on CentOS 7.
Different and more modern kernel.
Also note difference in connection messages: Connection from ... port
... on ... port ... rdomain ""
On centos6 rdomain is missing.

> Both machines have the same sshd_config file.
>
> I did not get this error on CentOS 6 under 11.3.1.
Hmm, it must be same as 11.3.2.