[ssh_x509] Integrating SSH with X, 509 support into a CentOS 7 system

ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info
Fri Jun 2 20:07:39 EEST 2017

ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info wrote:
> Hi Roumen,
>
> Thank you for the update - I now have a better understanding of how this all goes together, so have managed to integrate it into our environment. This is using your pkissh archive, meaning we miss out on the 76 vendor patches, but I don't envisage any significant problems here. The proof of the pudding will of course be when we start testing the system in earnest.
>
> Once again, thanks for your advice.
>
> btw. On your download site, the "tar.gz" files are actually just unzipped tarballs, so should probably be renamed as .tar files.
Hmm,

It is special setup of Apache server - content type of files with suffix
.tar.gz and .tar.xz is as for tar-archive with respective compression.

In the past one of browsers (Konqueror?) follow http protocol header so
strictly and offer to user to store file with .tar suffix. Nowadays I
cannot reproduce this - browsers store filename as is.

Special server configuration is more visible with diff-file - type is
plain text with gzip compression. As result of configuration if user
press on link content of file is displayed!

In brief click on link with left mouse button is considered as view
action and due to server configuration client(browser) try to display
content of file.

Click on link with right mouse button opens default browser menu and
user has to select appropriate item to download file. This is browser
behavior and is not changed neither by server setup or page content
(script).

> Regards,
>
> Robert.
[SNIP]