[ssh_x509] Missing Something Fundamental

ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info
Wed Apr 12 22:03:23 EEST 2017

Roumen,

After a lot of banging my head against the desk, I was finally able to get
X.509 certs working. The issue was that the certs on the server were in DER
format instead of PEM format.

One more question:

Is there anything in sshd_config I can configure to have the PKIX-SSH
server only accept RSA+cert SHA256 authentication only?

The reason I ask is because if I use another ssh client, I am still able to
ssh to the PKIX-SSH server. I've noticed the debug output is RSA SHA256
instead of RSA+cert SHA256.

Thanks for your reply!

Jose