[ssh_x509] Maximum Packet Size Supported by OpenSSH

ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info
Thu Feb 2 05:28:12 EET 2017

Hi Roumen,

I have a question about Maximum Packet Size supported by OpenSSH. The maximum packet size defined in packet.c file is 32,768 Bytes. The packet.c file checks it in "ssh_packet_read_poll1" and "ssh_packet_read_poll2" function. Apparently, packet.c file is not applying size check to Disconnect (SSH_MSG_DISCONNECT) and Ignore (SSH_MSG_IGNORE) packets.

I apologize if I'm missing the obvious or if it is bit irrelevant question. I want to confirm that if this limit is being applied to oversize Disconnect or Ignore packets or not ?

Your help or reply will be highly appreciated please.

Thanks,

Regards,
Mofassir