[ssh_x509] x509 tests fail on Mac OSX (pkixssh8.6)

ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info
Sun Dec 6 16:41:49 EET 2015

ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info wrote:
> Hello ,
> ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was testing pkixssh8.6 on Mac OSX (on 10.10/Yosemite and 10.11/El
>> Capitan), and noticed that the X509 specific tests fail on both.
> I would like to know is specific test fail or if tests for a public
> key algorithm fail.
>> On 10.10, it fails when using the system OpenSSL implementation, but
>> works with LibreSSL 2.2.4 (manually compiled/installed into /opt)
[SNIP]

I test with libressl 2.2.4 and note that -rand command line option is
missing.

So I decide to make use of random seed optional see attached file
"0021-optionally-use-random-seed-file-for-regression-tests.patch".
Correction will be in next release.

Also I note that LibreSSL doesn not support engine (cryptographic
module) command and my tests show that engine support is damaged.

Let me know if reported issue is due to missing -rand option.

Get SSH with X.509 certificate support
http://roumenpetrov.info/openssh/