[ssh_x509] x509 tests fail on Mac OSX (pkixssh8.6)

ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info ssh_x509 at roumenpetrov.info
Wed Nov 25 20:47:51 EET 2015

Hello,

I was testing pkixssh8.6 on Mac OSX (on 10.10/Yosemite and 10.11/El
Capitan), and noticed that the X509 specific tests fail on both.

On 10.10, it fails when using the system OpenSSL implementation, but
works with LibreSSL 2.2.4 (manually compiled/installed into /opt)

On 10.11, the system SSL implementation is unusable (./configure fails
the openssl header check). It seems that Apple has replaced OpenSSL
with LibreSSL, but not in a way that's usable for ssh (presumably
fPIC/fPIE related). If I compile LibreSSL 2.2.4 and use that, it will
build, but the tests fail as they do on 10.10).

I've attached output for both configurations. Please let me know if
there's more information needed to fix this bug (I'm available to test
patches).

--
-Austin